The Wischower church, located at the south-east edge of the city of Treptow, was
operated as part of the Behlkow parish and served the residents of
the small villages just east and south of the city: Lewetzow, Gummin, and Gumminshof.
With the arrival of the railroad in the 1800s, the Wischower church found itself at the edge of
Treptow's rail yard.
In 1919 the church building was sold to the city of Treptow
and church services were then held in the school buildings of either
Gummin or Lewetzow on alternating weeks.